Saturday, October 24, 2009

Flying

My friend Kate invited me to go flying with her and her dad this morning. It was awesome. We had a stunning view Newton in all its fall splendor. I couldn't see our house, but I could see our brilliant red maple tree from way up there.

Regier-ville, including Bev and Chuck's farm, is near the Newton airport, so we had several opportunities to circle over it. The fields were a deep shade of red with milo, and florescent green with new winter wheat. Even the pigs looked kind of cute from way up there.

Kate was able to take-off, fly, and land beautifully. She is a great pilot. I didn't even need to use the barf bag.

Unfortunately, the batteries in my camera died just before take-off!





Since I don't have more pictures of my flight today, here is a picture of our red maple tree.


On the topic of airports, if you would like to read an article written recently of a field trip I took with some of my students, feel free to follow this link. I was one of 4 teachers of the visually impaired (TVIs) that got together with some of our students.
http://www.thekansan.com/education/x402528048/Youths-with-visual-impairments-experience-the-world-of-flight

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about your new adventures in the air, Andrea, and fall activities at your house! Ben, your music a while ago was so good to listen to. Can hardly wait to see you two in two months! Love, Tante Etta