Saturday, January 3, 2009

Pomegranate Red

We had a great and wonderful New Years Eve with good times and good friends, but of course we forgot to take pictures, so my post will be on something almost just as exciting....our living room!

After we moved here, I was eager to paint our originally white living room a fun color, so I went to the local hardware store and picked up their most interesting "mis-tint" and went wild. As much as the quirky orange grew on me over the 2 years we've had it, I felt ready for something more calming. This time, I skipped the mis-tint aisle and did some serious pondering with some good old Benjamin Moore swatches. Here are some pictures of the transformation!

Oh, and I have to give credit to my dear cousin Melanie who came by for most of the project for feedback support and company. Thanks Mel!




I think you should all come for a visit and check this out in person.

4 comments:

Ben & Andrea said...

Looking at those pictures side by side, it doesn't look like a big change... But trust me, it is. If you don't believe me, it's just another reason to get your butt down here and see for yourself.

Anonymous said...

it looks great! i'd love to come hang out in it.

leah

Bryan Moyer Suderman said...

Me too. And that guitar hanging on the wall looks like it's begging to be played along with that great mandolin I heard Ben play on an earlier post a bit ago... hopefully someday in the not-too-distant future...

Mel said...

lovely! i feel so proud to be mentioned in your post. ;)