Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's the Christmas Tree

First, one of the creepiest photos of me that has ever been taken. Even Andrea looks a little scared.


Today we went out to Dwight's pasture to cut down a Christmas tree for our house (Dwight is my uncle and lives half a mile from our farm). Dwight's pasture is known for having a large variety of magnificent, brown, patchy Christmas trees.
They are also free.

Plus, it's almost like a fun adventure to go out into the untouched wilderness behind Dwight's house and search out the least ugly tree possible. It's fun for me because I grew up exploring that pasture as a kid, and know every corner of it. It's fun for Andrea because she really hasn't spent much time there at all and can easily be convinced that we are completely lost, or that I *might* have seen a mountain lion slink behind those bushes.

We had a great time. Here is our tree (it's the one I'm holding):


We put it in the back of the Prizm and secured it with a bungee.

Andrea decorated it while I took a nap on the heat register.

Merry Christmas, Everybody.

3 comments:

spiderwart said...

I wish I was brave enough to get a real tree!

Mel said...

hahahahahha.... i love this. i didn't realize that so much drama happens when you guys go and get your cedar tree. maybe next year i will start a tree fund for you so that andrea can have her pretty real pine tree from a real tree farm. :)

James said...

Thanks for showing us your beautiful Christmas tree! You're right, Ben, you do look a bit scary on that picture, but right now I'm listening to your angelic dulcimer playing on "The Light Shines" CD, and all's right with the world. Love you guys, H.