Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cashing In and Checking Out

Ben here.

I'm in a little bluegrass band right now called "The Book of Jebb". We've been playing together for about a year now and mostly just do covers of other bluegrass artists. Recently, though, we've decided to try to practice a little more regularly and expand our repertoire. This opens up some time to work on original tunes, which is exciting.

My first submission to the band is a little swing tune I wrote called "Cashing In and Checking Out". I don't know if we'll do it or not, but I made a little video of it anyway so you can hear it. The melody is pretty short, as it's meant to be a jam tune that people take turns improvising over. What you'll hear in the video is just the introduction and one time through the melody.

Here it is:



4 comments:

Mel said...

I like that, Ben! I think it has lots of potential.

spiderwart said...

I love it! Luke liked it too, five uncle Ben's at once!

luke enns said...

this luke liked it too.

Liz said...

very cool! me like too. play more! me will buy recording!